"Same Love" puts Seattle, Everett artists in public eye
This week things got a little wilder when Macklemore and Lewis took the stage on the Ellen Show to perform their hit song "Same Love." They were joined by Everett native Mary Lambert who sings the chorus on the song.
Ellen DeGeneres took notice of the ‘Same Love’ video when The Heist opened at No. 1 on iTunes and she tweeted the video to almost four million followers as seen in the photo above.
“No other artists in hip hop history have ever taken the stand defending marriage equality the way they have… Please welcome my new heroes, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis” is how Ellen introduced the pair on her show this Tuesday and she sent every member of the audience home with a copy of The Heist.
See the video of the performance below.
Most recent What Radio? posts
- Local acts reassigned to first weekend of Sasquatch April 9
- Fisherman's Village Music Fest artist spotlight: KAIROS April 4
- Fisherman's Village artist spotlight: Fly Moon Royalty March 28
- Fisherman's Village artist spotlight: RA Scion and VOX MOD March 20
- Allen Stone, John Legend and more at Woodinville winery March 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.