Cafe Zippy screening: "Some Days are Better Than Others," an indie film about knowing when to hold on and when to let go, and the short film "Cupcake," will screen from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 2 at Cafe Zippy, 2811 Wetmore Ave., Everett. Matt McCormick wrote and directed "Days" and James Mercer of The Shins and Renee Roman Nose and Carrie Brownstein of Sleater Kinney star. Roman Nose will be on hand on Friday to talk about the film and read some relevant poetry. Suggested donation is $5.
Reel World Cinema: The theme for this fall series of films is "The Homeless You Always Have With You," a reminder of the community's responsibility for the poor. A potluck dinner runs from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by the film and discussion from 6 to 10 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 2936 Rockefeller Ave., Everett. The six-film series runs through Nov. 30. Call 425-259-7139 for details. Free.
• "The Soloist," Nov. 2. A homeless musical genius (Jamie Foxx) is befriended by a journalist (Robert Downey Jr. Based on a true story (2009).
• "Wages of Living," Nov. 16. Roger Weisberg followed people for three years to create this documentary on the working poor (2006).
• "A Christmas Carol," Nov. 30. Alastair Sim plays Ebenezer Scrooge in what may be the best film version of Dicken's Christmas story (1952).
Pacific Science Center's Imax films: 200 Second Ave. N., Seattle; 206-443-2001; www.pacsci.org. Most tickets are $6 to $10.50. Shows run Nov. 2 through Nov. 8. Call ahead; some shows sell out.
• "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs," 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. daily.
• "Cloud Atlas," 4:40 and 8 p.m. daily.
• "Mysteries of Egypt," 10:15 a.m. daily.
• "Flight of the Butterflies": 3-D, 11:30 a.m. and 12:45, 2, 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. Friday and Monday through Wednesday; 11:30 a.m. and 12:45, 2, 3:15, 4:30 and 5:45 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
More Entertainment Headlines
Monday’s highlights on TV Architects using shipping containers for cheaper, faster, more sustainable building ‘Northern Soul’ explores little-known music scene Getting satisfaction From Stones to solo album: Keith Richards making moves Fall streaming TV preview Can this Hollywood moment save NASA? Upcoming book events in Snohomish County Capsule reviews of the next week’s video releases, on DVD and Blu-ray
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.