Anyway, here's today's notes:
- The Tips called up winger Kyle Raymond for Friday's game. The lanky 16-year-old, who was Everett's seventh-round pick in the 2011 bantam draft, is playing for the Princeton Posse of the junior B KIJHL, where he has five goals and seven assists in 17 games. Raymond will return to Princeton following the game.
- While Raymond arrives, Brandon Bruce departs. The 19-year-old center, who was brought in from the Merritt Centennials of the junior A BCHL as an emergency fill-in, was reassigned back to Merritt. Bruce played in four games with the Tips without scoring.
- Overage defenseman Landon Oslanski appears set to continue at forward. Oslanski played two of Everett's past three games as a forward, scoring a goal in Wednesday's 4-2 loss to Red Deer. The Tips have just 12 full-time forwards on the roster and nine defensemen, meaning Everett is short up front and long at the back. Ferner said he liked what he saw from Oslanski at forward, and when Oslanski plays up front it frees up playing time for the younger defensemen.
- Center Manraj Hayer will miss at least one more game. Hayer, who's listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury, practiced today, but will not play Friday. That will give Hayer another full week to heal as the Tips don't play again until heading to Victoria on Nov. 16.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Everett Silvertips vs. Tri-City Americans lineup notes Nov. 25
- The Everett Silvertips make their Apple Cup picks (and WHL links) Nov. 24
- Could Seattle still be in the running for an NHL expansion franchise? Nov. 23
- Everett Silvertips fall to Calgary Hitmen in shootout Nov. 21
- Everett Silvertips at Calgary Hitmen live blog Nov. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.