Portland Fire and Rescue blames the rodent bomb for the fire. The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to kill squirrels in the attic. The rodent bomb operated for about 30 minutes before the toxic gas dissipated and the homeowner stopped watching it.
Shortly thereafter, a neighbor told the homeowner his roof was on fire.
More Nation & World Headlines
Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West Africa Wildfires rage in northern California What a six-foot 777 part might bring to MH370 mystery Purple Hearts in question after Chattanooga attack Lynn Anderson, singer of ‘Rose Garden,’ dies at 67 WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61 Women advance to final phase of Army Ranger School Virginia may recall Confederate license plates
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.