Portland Fire and Rescue blames the rodent bomb for the fire. The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to kill squirrels in the attic. The rodent bomb operated for about 30 minutes before the toxic gas dissipated and the homeowner stopped watching it.
Shortly thereafter, a neighbor told the homeowner his roof was on fire.
More Nation & World Headlines
Arby’s disciplines workers who refused to serve cop TSA screener charged in theft of $7,000 watch 2:01 p.m. Falling SAT scores prompt alarm over high schools Stephen Colbert, Jeb Bush are in social media feud over tickets Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed Saudis seek to reload arsenal with Boeing bombs French confirm wing part is from missing Malaysia 777 Donald Trump vow to GOP: No third-party bid
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.