Low, an 18-year-old from Richmond, B.C., stands at 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds. He was originally a seventh-round pick in the 2009 bantam draft by Portland, appearing in five games with the Winterhawks the past two seasons before being dropped during the offseason. He attended training camp with the Seattle Thunderbirds this season, but did not make the team. He had four goals and five assists in 14 games with Powell River.
Low is the latest in Everett's search to add depth up front, following brief stints by Brandon Bruce and Kyle Raymond. I get the feeling, however, that Low's stay is expected to be a little longer. His addition brings Everett's roster to 24 players -- 13 forwards, nine defensemen and two goaltenders.
As for Everett's healing process, here's the update on those who have been sidelined:
- Center Manraj Hayer (upper body) and defenseman Austin Adam (hand) are both on the cusp of returning. Both practiced today, and coach Mark Ferner said both might return this weekend.
- Winger Ryan Harrison tweaked a knee when hit by Tri-City's Michal Plutnar during Friday's 3-0 victory. Harrison wanted to return to the game, but the coaches erred on the side of caution. Harrison is scheduled to undergo an MRI to make sure, but he's listed as day to day.
- Winger Joshua Winquist (mononucleosis) still has a way to go. However, he was spied lurking around practice today, which means he's at least been released from isolation.
Also missing from practice today was captain Ryan Murray. Murray has departed for Vancouver, where he will captain Team WHL in Wednesday's Canada-Russia Super Series game. He'll be back in time for Everett's upcoming three-in-three weekend. That's right, Everett's respite from the busy schedule is brief.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Everett Silvertips fall to Calgary Hitmen in shootout Nov. 21
- Everett Silvertips at Calgary Hitmen live blog Nov. 21
- Sutter's goal not enough as Medicine Hat Tigers top Everett Silvertips Nov. 20
- Medicine Hat legend Bob Ridley calls tonight's Tigers-Silvertips game Nov. 20
- Everett Silvertips' Remi Laurencelle played well in return to Lethbridge Nov. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.