In Sunday's win over the New York Jets, Sherman had perhaps his best game, coming up with an interception, his first career sack and a forced fumble. For that performance, Sherman was named the NFC defensive player of the week on Wednesday.
And while we're on the topic of Sherman, be sure to check out this excellent breakdown of his play by Pro Football Focus.
In addition to some very in-depth breakdowns of some big Sherman plays, the article also notes that, with Jets CB Darrelle Revis out for the season with a knee injury, "Right now there is no corner covering better than Richard Sherman. Given his age and meteoric rise, he now has a legitimate shot at joining Revis as the league's only true shutdown corners."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.