In Sunday's win over the New York Jets, Sherman had perhaps his best game, coming up with an interception, his first career sack and a forced fumble. For that performance, Sherman was named the NFC defensive player of the week on Wednesday.
And while we're on the topic of Sherman, be sure to check out this excellent breakdown of his play by Pro Football Focus.
In addition to some very in-depth breakdowns of some big Sherman plays, the article also notes that, with Jets CB Darrelle Revis out for the season with a knee injury, "Right now there is no corner covering better than Richard Sherman. Given his age and meteoric rise, he now has a legitimate shot at joining Revis as the league's only true shutdown corners."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.