The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
Published:
BOISE, Idaho -- Authorities say an 18-year-old Marine whose body was found in a Meridian apartment died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning.
McQuen Forbush's girlfriend found him unresponsive on the apartment's bedroom floor Saturday afternoon.
The Idaho Statesmen reports the Ada County Coroner's report lists the time of death as 3 a.m.
Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea says the gas-fueled heating system was the only possible source of carbon monoxide identified in the apartment, but the equipment appeared to be operating as it should.
Basterrechea says investigators will try to re-create other variables to find out what went wrong.
Police said Tuesday the apartment had a carbon-monoxide detector but it did not have any batteries in it.

More Northwest Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar