What you need: Serves 4
1 lbfettuccine pasta
½ lb paneer (Indian cheese) cut into cubes
A little parmesan cheese grated
4 sprigs of fresh whole cilantro
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
¼ cup milk
½ cup cream
¼ tsp red chili flakes, optional -- for an extra spice kick
¼ tsp white pepper powder
2 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
½ cup scallions chopped
2 tsp carrot grated, for garnish
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or as per instructions on the box.
Meanwhile, wash, chop and prep the vegetables. In a food processor, add cilantro, 1 chopped garlic clove and cream. Give it a few pulses until the mixture is light green.
Cilantro alfredo recipe
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add the remaining chopped garlic. Once the aroma kicks in, add the chopped scallions. Cook a minute, stir in the cilantro cream and white pepper. Add the paneer cubes and milk; cook mixture in a low simmer, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in parmesan until melted, then chili flakes and a little salt; toss in the cooked fettuccine. Finally add the olive oil and garnish it with some grated carrot for color. Serve hot!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Make this now: Lark’s John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- It’s fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summer’s last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
- Teach her to make dan dan noodles, feed craving for a lifetime Sep. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.