Crews on Friday were conducting an inventory of the damage, Monroe assistant fire chief Steve Guptill said. They expect to have a damage estimate for the structure soon, but assessing the damaged contents will take time, he said.
The fire broke out about 1 a.m. Thursday at Chain Lake Self Storage, a sprawling stretch of sheet-metal buildings north of U.S. 2 along Chain Lake Road.
Roughly 80 of the 500-plus units were damaged.
More Local News Headlines
‘Unprecedented’ wind storm: 23K in county still without power 6:39 p.m. Objection delays release of records in school shootings Victims’ families want full account of shootings, lawyer says 5:28 p.m. Cost overruns, location, parking needs put courthouse on hold Clarence Robertson volunteered for 56 years as a reserve deputy 5-story building in Mill Creek would include affordable housing Island County undersheriff resigning to care for his children Front Porch: Light a candle for a loved one
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.