'Star Wars Origami': Use the Force for puppets
My son was already a fan of "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger, so a whole book devoted to Star Wars origami is like a dream come true for him. For a Star Wars Mom like me, this is par for the course.
One of the many benefits of origami is that it works on the same fine motor muscles needed for good handwriting. It's also creative, artistic, and practically free. You can find instructions for creating your own origami Yoda right here.
So happy Thanksgiving moms and dads. May “the folds” be with you!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.