My son was already a fan of "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger, so a whole book devoted to Star Wars origami is like a dream come true for him. For a Star Wars Mom like me, this is par for the course.
One of the many benefits of origami is that it works on the same fine motor muscles needed for good handwriting. It's also creative, artistic, and practically free. You can find instructions for creating your own origami Yoda right here.
So happy Thanksgiving moms and dads. May “the folds” be with you!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.