'Star Wars Origami': Use the Force for puppets
My son was already a fan of "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger, so a whole book devoted to Star Wars origami is like a dream come true for him. For a Star Wars Mom like me, this is par for the course.
One of the many benefits of origami is that it works on the same fine motor muscles needed for good handwriting. It's also creative, artistic, and practically free. You can find instructions for creating your own origami Yoda right here.
So happy Thanksgiving moms and dads. May “the folds” be with you!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Are you changing your child’s digital destiny? March 1
- Help your local Girl Scout, even if you order online Feb. 22
- Fed up with the squirrel show out my back window Feb. 15
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.