“The team we've assembled represents both sides of the Cascades, our key industries, and people with experience both inside and outside government. I look forward to their engagement and appreciate their willingness to serve the state," Inslee said in a statement.
The committee will include familiar names as well as a few who backed Inslee's Republican rival, Rob McKenna, in the election.
Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown, D-Spokane, and former Secretary of State Ralph Munro, a Republican, are on the advisory group.
Leaders of statewide unions representing government employees, teachers, health care workers and firefighters are also on the panel as are a handful of business owners and investors.
You can read the entire list here.
The committee is co-chaired by Dr. Elson Floyd, president of Washington State University; Dr. Mary Alice Heuschel, superintendent of the Renton School District; and Brad Smith, a vice president at Microsoft Corp.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.