“The team we've assembled represents both sides of the Cascades, our key industries, and people with experience both inside and outside government. I look forward to their engagement and appreciate their willingness to serve the state," Inslee said in a statement.
The committee will include familiar names as well as a few who backed Inslee's Republican rival, Rob McKenna, in the election.
Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown, D-Spokane, and former Secretary of State Ralph Munro, a Republican, are on the advisory group.
Leaders of statewide unions representing government employees, teachers, health care workers and firefighters are also on the panel as are a handful of business owners and investors.
You can read the entire list here.
The committee is co-chaired by Dr. Elson Floyd, president of Washington State University; Dr. Mary Alice Heuschel, superintendent of the Renton School District; and Brad Smith, a vice president at Microsoft Corp.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Syrian refugees welcome in Washington, Inslee says Nov. 16
- Rep. Larsen seeks input on Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact Nov. 12
- Unions blast Boeing for paring jobs since 2013 tax break extension Nov. 9
- Larsen will help negotiate federal highway bill Nov. 6
- ‘Absolutely elated’ Eyman celebrates initiative’s success Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.