But Vegas doesn't put odds on such trivial matters, so nobody got rich of the defender's shocking goal against Kansas City in June. And really, this award isn't anything to make a big deal out of. It's determined by a fan vote, which gives any Sounders player a pretty big leg up. So why am I dedicating a blog post to an award I just said isn't that significant?
Because it's an excuse to watch a rather tremendous goal another time.
When Ianni was asked after the game if that was the best goal he had ever scored--it was only the third of his MLS career--he said, "Yeah, definitely. Best goal in practice, games—since I was born, yeah.”
In quotes provided by the team Thursday, Ianni said of watching the goal now, "It makes me laugh every time I see it because I don't think of myself as someone that would try something so audacious."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Offensive line under the microscope on eve of Seahawks preseason finale (updated) Sep. 2
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.