The crash happened at 10:34 a.m. just south of 128th Street SW, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1. The accident was cleared about 12:30 p.m.
“The second trailer of a tandem dump truck loaded with dirt rolled over and came to rest on its side,” she said.
No one was hurt. No other vehicles were involved.
Crews on the police scanner could be heard planning a complicated cleanup, involving multiple agencies and different kinds of equipment.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating. You can follow the updates from trooper Mark Francis on his Twitter account. A plow and a tow were en route.
WSDOT cameras as of 11:30 a.m. showed traffic backups looking pretty nasty. Detours advised.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.