Neale finished the five kilometer race in 19 minutes, 45 seconds, 28 seconds behind the first place finisher Sarah Baxter (19:17) of Simi Valley High School in California.
Mary Cain (Bronxville H.S., New York) was second with a time of 19:21, followed by North Central's Katie Knight, who has ran against Neale in the Washington 3A state tournament each of the last four years.
Knight and Neale will both run for the University of Washington next season.
Neale, a three-time 3A state champion, had previously finished 14th, 3rd and 5th in her prior NXN races.
In other Glacier Peak cross country news, senior Katie Bianchini finished sixth at the Foot Locker Cross Country Championships (FLCCC) West Regionals on Saturday. The win earned her a spot in the National Finals next Saturday.
Bianchini finished the muddy five kilometer course at Mount San Antonio College in Walnut, Calif. in 18: 35. First place went to sophomore Marissa Williams of Palisades (California) High School who crossed the finish line at 17:46.
The top ten boys and girls finishers qualified for the FLCCC National Final on Saturday at Balboa Park in San Diego.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Hinnenkamp chosen as new Lynnwood boys coach July 6
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.