The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

AP source: Napoli, Boston strike 3-year deal

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
Published:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A person familiar with the negotiations says catcher Mike Napoli and the Boston Red Sox have agreed to a $39 million, three-year contract.
The deal is subject to Napoli passing a physical, which will take place later this week, the person said Monday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not yet final.
The Seattle Mariners reportedly had been one of the team's pursuing Napoli.
A 31-year-old who also plays first base, Napoli hit .320 with 30 homers and 75 RBIs as the Texas Rangers won their second straight AL pennant in 2011, then slumped to a .227 average with 24 homers and 56 RBIs this year.
Story tags » BaseballMajor League Baseball

More Sports Headlines

NEWSLETTER

Sports headlines

Top sports stories delivered daily

Calendar