Space shuttle's going-out-of-business sale January 3, 2013
Is another Earth just 12 light-years away? December 21, 2012
Rover Opportunity may be at clay-rich site on Mars December 4, 2012
Mars redux: NASA to launch Curiosity-like rover December 4, 2012
Voyager 1 finds 'magnetic highway' at solar system's edge December 4, 2012
Earth's polar ice is melting fast November 30, 2012
Astronauts to spend year in space November 27, 2012
NASA gets a good look at huge dust storm on Mars November 26, 2012
Nefertiti, a spider that traveled 42 million miles through space before returning to Earth in October, died after being sent to the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
The experiment was designed to determine if a spider dependent on gravity for catching its meals would be able to adapt and eat in micro gravity.
According to the Boulder Daily Camera, the spider was able to hunt down fruit flies in her sealed space environment on the International Space Station until her food supply ran out.
The spider managed to survive despite a miscalculation on the amount of food needed for the mission.
- Space shuttle's going-out-of-business sale 1/3/13
- Is another Earth just 12 light-years away? 12/21/12
- Rover Opportunity may be at clay-rich site on Mars 12/4/12
- Mars redux: NASA to launch Curiosity-like rover 12/4/12
- Voyager 1 finds 'magnetic highway' at solar system's edge 12/4/12
- Earth's polar ice is melting fast 11/30/12
- Astronauts to spend year in space 11/27/12
- NASA gets a good look at huge dust storm on Mars 11/26/12
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.