The order is valued at $4.7 billion at list prices, though jet makers typically discount from list prices.
Turkish Airlines tentatively committed to the order in October. But the agreement was not finalized until this week. It's the largest order by value in the carrier's history.
Turkish Airlines' fleet already includes 12 777-300ER aircraft and a total of about 100 Boeing jets.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says it will make 747 panels, but for whom? Sep. 17
- Boeing plans to increase 767 production Sep. 9
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
- Korean Air takes possession of 747-8s Aug. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.