The order is valued at $4.7 billion at list prices, though jet makers typically discount from list prices.
Turkish Airlines tentatively committed to the order in October. But the agreement was not finalized until this week. It's the largest order by value in the carrier's history.
Turkish Airlines' fleet already includes 12 777-300ER aircraft and a total of about 100 Boeing jets.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.