The order is valued at $4.7 billion at list prices, though jet makers typically discount from list prices.
Turkish Airlines tentatively committed to the order in October. But the agreement was not finalized until this week. It's the largest order by value in the carrier's history.
Turkish Airlines' fleet already includes 12 777-300ER aircraft and a total of about 100 Boeing jets.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says KC-46 tanker’s first flight further delayed Aug. 17
- Threat of Boeing job moves might not be just a bluff Aug. 13
- Spirit Aero finishes first Boeing 737 MAX fuselage Aug. 13
- Boeing is looking at improving its Everett-built 767 jet, exec says Aug. 12
- Zodiac Aerospace restarts Newport plant following explosion Aug. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.