Hawks guard Blake Fernandez, who missed the first five games while he nursing a broken wrist he suffered during a fall league game, has been cleared to play.
"Guess who just found out he can play tomorrow?" Fernandez tweeted Thursday night "Me."
Fernandez is only excited to get back on the court.
"I'm really excited just because i'll be able to contribute to my team instead of yelling at everybody from the side line," Fernandez said.
The return of Fernandez could be considered an early Christmas present to Hawks coach Nalin Sood.
"If anybody wants to know what to get me for Christmas, give me a healthy Blake Fernandez," Sood said before the season began. "... We're obviously going to be a better basketball team when Blake comes back. We've got to hold the fort down until he gets back, which is going to be difficult."
Mountlake Terrace hosts Shorewood Friday night at 7:15 p.m.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.