Holiday Movie Night and Pajama Party: Uppercase Book Shop, 1118 First St., Snohomish; 360-568-5987. Admission is free with a nonperishable item for the Snohomish Food Bank.
• Dec. 15: 7 p.m. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (2000, PG), Dr. Seuss' grumpy green guy who has it in for the Whoville revellers.
• Live from The Met: The Metropolitan Opera's 2012-2013 series is being transmitted live on the screen at Stanwood Cinemas. The cinema is one of the sites in the Pacific Northwest broadcasting the series of performances of "The Met: Live in HD." Screenings continue through April. Ticket are $22 for adults; $20 for seniors; and $18 for children (11 and under). Tickets can be purchased at the box office or online: www.farawayentertainment.com
• Verdi's "Aida": 9:55 a.m. Dec. 15. Verdi's ancient Egyptian drama stars Liudmyla Monastyrska as the enslaved Ethiopian princess caught in a love triangle with the heroic Radamès, played by Roberto Alagna, and the proud Egyptian princess Amneris, sung by Olga Borodina.
• Berlioz's "Les Troyens": 9 a.m. Jan. 5. In Berlioz's vast epic, Deborah Voigt, Susan Graham, Marcello Giordani and Dwayne Croft lead the starry cast, portraying characters from the Trojan War. Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi marshals the large-scale musical forces.
Pacific Science Center's Imax films: 200 Second Ave. N., Seattle; 206-443-2001; www.pacsci.org. Most tickets are $6 to $10.50. Shows run Dec. 14 through 20. Call ahead; some shows sell out.
• "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey An IMAX 3D Experience:" 12:01 and 9:45 a.m., 1, 4:15, 7:30 and 10:45 p.m. Friday. 9:45 a.m. and 1, 4:15 7:30 and 10:45 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 10:30 a.m. and 4:15, 7:30 and 10:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
• "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs," 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. daily.
• "Rocky Mountain Express," 10:30 a.m. Monday and Tuesday. 3 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
• "Flight of the Butterflies: 3D," 11:45 a.m. Monday throughThursday.
• "Rise of the Guardians: 3D": 4:45, 7 and 9:05 p.m. daily.
More Entertainment Headlines
Musician Jason Isbell: I’m ‘a lot more comfortable in my own skin’ Dan Rather isn’t the retiring type Monday’s highlights on TV Teen drama imparts its lessons with self-effacing modesty ‘Daily Show’ icon Jon Stewart hosts the‘fake news’ one last time Netflix’s ‘Miss Simone’ is just one of many great docs at your fingertips at home Schedule of local upcoming book events Summer TV: What to watch on TV in August
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.