Seahawks sign WR Deon Butler
Butler replaces receiver Charly Martin on the roster, with Martin moving to injured reserve having suffered a calf injury during practice Thursday. With Martin out, the Seahawks were down to just four receivers before signing Butler.
In three seasons, Butler has 57 career receptions for 611 yards and four touchdowns. Butler enjoyed his most success in 2010 when he started eight games and had 36 catches for 385 yards and four touchdowns. Butler's season ended a month early, however, when he broke his leg while making a touchdown catch in San Francisco. That injury also kept him off the field for much of the 2011 season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks CBs Sherman and Lane, and possibly others headed for offseason surgery Feb. 2
- A day later, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll sticks by play call Feb. 2
- Seahawks DC Dan Quinn declines to talk about his future Feb. 1
- Pete Carroll’s explanation for the final play call and some player reaction Feb. 1
- Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl XLIX game thread Feb. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.