Butler replaces receiver Charly Martin on the roster, with Martin moving to injured reserve having suffered a calf injury during practice Thursday. With Martin out, the Seahawks were down to just four receivers before signing Butler.
In three seasons, Butler has 57 career receptions for 611 yards and four touchdowns. Butler enjoyed his most success in 2010 when he started eight games and had 36 catches for 385 yards and four touchdowns. Butler's season ended a month early, however, when he broke his leg while making a touchdown catch in San Francisco. That injury also kept him off the field for much of the 2011 season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Richard expresses optimism re: Chancellor, Thomas delivers zingers Sep. 10
- Carroll, Sherman on Chancellor, Thomas and more (updated with Chancellor speaks, injuries) Sep. 9
- Wednesday Seahawks transactions: Turbin waived Sep. 9
- Fred Jackson's first day, plus notes on Chancellor, captains, etc. Sep. 7
- It's official, Fred Jackson is a Seahawk Sep. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.