Initially reports surfaced that Sherman's appeal was to be heard last Friday, but that didn't happen, and Sherman said he never knew of an appeal date being set for Dec. 14. Now, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Sherman's appeal will be heard this Friday.
Appeal of the four-game suspension for Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman will be held Friday, two days before game vs. SF.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 17, 2012
Schefter followed that up saying, "If appeal upholds CB Richard Sherman's suspension Friday, he would be out vs SF, but there is no indication of timing on an appeal decision."
However, it is worth pointing out that the league generally announced suspensions at the beginning of a week, not a couple days prior to a game. So unless the NFL decides to change things up, it seems the more likely scenario would be that if Sherman loses his appeal, he would start the suspension after the 49ers game.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.