But I have been trying to remember something else too...
My son’s teacher loves him. The principal of my child’s school loves him. The vice principal loves him. The custodian loves him. Every single adult at school cares very deeply about my child’s safety and well-being, just like they care about his classmates.
I know from personal experience that the love teachers feel for their students is deep and everlasting. Even when the names and faces of all of the children I have taught start to fade from my memory; I still love them.
The more people there are to help love and care for my children, the better. I am incredibly grateful to all of the “Super Teachers” in my children’s lives.
Thank you to ALL of the adults who make education happen.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.