Remembering that schools are loving places
But I have been trying to remember something else too...
My son’s teacher loves him. The principal of my child’s school loves him. The vice principal loves him. The custodian loves him. Every single adult at school cares very deeply about my child’s safety and well-being, just like they care about his classmates.
I know from personal experience that the love teachers feel for their students is deep and everlasting. Even when the names and faces of all of the children I have taught start to fade from my memory; I still love them.
The more people there are to help love and care for my children, the better. I am incredibly grateful to all of the “Super Teachers” in my children’s lives.
Thank you to ALL of the adults who make education happen.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.