Looking for something to keep them busy? The Sno-Isle Libraries have thought of it: movies. Here's a round-up of films this week, and puppet shows, too.
See www.sno-isle.org for more library events.
Freeland, 5495 Harbor Ave., 360-331-7323
• Apocalyptic film fest: "Deep Impact" at 3 p.m. and "2012" at 5:30 p.m. Thursday (both PG-13). Popcorn provided. Films may not be suitable for kids under 12. Call to speak with a librarian.
Lynnwood, 19200 44th Ave. W., 425-778-2148
• "Elf" (PG), 3:30 to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday. Call with questions.
Marysville, 6120 Grove St., 360-658-5000
• "Shrek Forever After" (PG), 10:30 a.m. Monday, snacks and drinks provided.
• "Sherlock Holmes" (PG-13), 3:30 p.m. Monday Popcorn and drinks provided.
• "Snow White and the Huntsman" (PG-13), 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, snacks and drinks provided.
Mountlake Terrace, 23300 58th Ave. W., 425-776-8722
• "The Avengers" (PG-13), 4 to 5:45 p.m. Wednesday, popcorn and soda. May not be suitable for kids under 12. Talk to a library staff member if you're concerned.
Oak Harbor, 1000 SE Regatta Drive, 360-675-5115
• It's the Apocalypse! Movie Series: "2012," (PG 13) 3 p.m. Wednesday. Popcorn provided. May not be suitable for kids under 12. Call to speak with a librarian.
Stanwood, 9701 271st St. NW, 360-629-3132
• "The Tailor of Gloucester," a puppet show based on Beatrix Potter tale, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday. School-age children can create their own miniature theater following the show. Registration required.
More Life Headlines
Pharrell Williams, book publisher donating books to children in need Nicki Minaj gets TV sitcom; 50 Cent inks new Starz deal The Who reschedules tour dates Lady Gaga is Billboard’s woman of the year Getting over ‘not-pretty-enough’ putdown Today in history Judyrae Kruse told home cooks' stories through food A healthful grilled chicken salad that overturns convention
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.