We already know Seattle will be without two players for that game--midfielder Osvaldo Alonso, who received a red card after the final whistle of Seattle's last playoff game for confronting an official (he was already on a yellow card), and Marc Burch, who was handed a three-game suspension for using a gay slur towards an opponent).
And speaking of Alonso, the team confirmed Tuesday that he is in England training for a week with English Premier League club West Ham United. Alonso and Steve Zakuani both trained in England with Everton two years ago in the offseason, and this by no means Alonso has one foot out the door--it's pretty common for players to train with other teams in their offseason, sometimes even playing for them on loan, then return to their team--but it is yet another sign that teams at higher levels are aware of Alonso's talents. One of the league's best defensive midfielders, Alonso has been name Seattle's MVP three times, been an MLS All Star twice, and this year he was named to the MLS Best XI.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.