Toyota Prius and Lamborghini Gallardo. Forget what you know about the price and performance differences, and you'll see the similarity. It helps to be 3 years old, too.
Major car guy Ben Lowry. Although happy and fun-loving, he puts on a serious face when there’s a camera pointed at him — like Victoria Beckham. His backpack is full of cars, favorites from his extensive collection. It’s unknown what sort of fashion statement he’s trying to make by wearing his big sister’s garden boots.
As soon as Ben was old enough to pay attention to real cars, he saw a Toyota Prius and shouted “Yambaghini!”
Ben still thinks every Prius sedan he sees is a Lamborghini. And, like all car guys, he has a keen eye for spotting them. I was with him recently on the 15th floor of a Seattle hotel, both of us looking out a big window facing Puget Sound. He said “Yambaghini!” and pointed to a Prius sedan parked three blocks away.
Most recent Cars and Me posts
- Chrysler Pacifica: A recycled name for a revamped classic April 5
- Kia reinvigorates mainstay Sportage for 2017 March 16
- GMC Sierra Denali is the executive suite of trucks Feb. 29
- Trucks and SUVs take spotlight at Chicago Auto Show Feb. 17
- The Scion iM: A car for millennials and baby boomers alike Jan. 22