The man remained in critical condition Wednesday at a Seattle hospital, officials said.
The fire broke out about 11:30 a.m. at the man's home along 130th Street NE, north of town. Investigators believe there was a malfunction in the power cord connected to an oil-filled heater in a bedroom on the second floor. The cord overheated and ignited items nearby.
The fire was contained to the second floor, officials said. The house also sustained heavy damage from smoke and water.
Crews believe the man may have been trying to extinguish the fire when he suffered smoke inhalation and possible burns.
No other injuries were reported.
More Local News Headlines
Storm hit Index particularly hard, bringing down hundreds of trees Bridge over I-5 enters final phases Lynnwood receives $5 million to widen 196th Street Kids explain it all: 'Thanksgiving is all about turkeys' Jail might start housing Seattle inmates once again Arrest prompts tips to prevent theft of delivered packages Homeless man pleads guilty in knife attack at Lynnwood RV park Recount will decide Lynnwood race; election turnout deemed ‘discouraging’
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.