The man remained in critical condition Wednesday at a Seattle hospital, officials said.
The fire broke out about 11:30 a.m. at the man's home along 130th Street NE, north of town. Investigators believe there was a malfunction in the power cord connected to an oil-filled heater in a bedroom on the second floor. The cord overheated and ignited items nearby.
The fire was contained to the second floor, officials said. The house also sustained heavy damage from smoke and water.
Crews believe the man may have been trying to extinguish the fire when he suffered smoke inhalation and possible burns.
No other injuries were reported.
More Local News Headlines
Couple exploring the country after creating fully sustainable vehicles Some local firefighters are being pulled back from the front lines New city manager has big plans for Mill Creek New pastor works to explain old truths in new ways Drug deal gone bad may have prompted Marysville shooting Faith Calendar Evergreen State Fair Judging Results Everett teens were shot because one wore blue, police say
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.