Report: Boeing to buy more land in Charleston
ABC News 4 in Charleston reports that the jet maker plans to buy 300 acres near its facility in North Charleston and have an option to buy an additional 750 acres.
Earlier this month, Boeing announced plans to buy three office buildings in North Charleston.
Boeing has a second 787 final assembly line in North Charleston. The original line is in here in Everett. Boeing also has an aft fuselage fabrication facility and a 787 fuselage assembly building at the South Carolina site.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing’s KC-46 program has little room for more delays, says Air Force general Nov. 19
- Boeing 787 takes off to test new eco tech Nov. 17
- 2 Boeing contract workers injured, taken to hospitals Nov. 14
- Boeing and Airbus plan to spend more on Chinese suppliers Nov. 11
- Boeing CEO says new airplane will replace 737 by 2030 Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.