ABC News 4 in Charleston reports that the jet maker plans to buy 300 acres near its facility in North Charleston and have an option to buy an additional 750 acres.
Earlier this month, Boeing announced plans to buy three office buildings in North Charleston.
Boeing has a second 787 final assembly line in North Charleston. The original line is in here in Everett. Boeing also has an aft fuselage fabrication facility and a 787 fuselage assembly building at the South Carolina site.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing forecasts fast growth in Latin America Nov. 16
- Embraer names Lynnwood’s Nova-Tech Engineering as its top supplier in 2015 Nov. 12
- How much is an airplane sale actually worth? Oct. 29
- Boeing and Lockheed might contest Pentagon’s bomber decision Oct. 27
- Boeing KC-46 tanker (finally) gets a foreign order Oct. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.