ABC News 4 in Charleston reports that the jet maker plans to buy 300 acres near its facility in North Charleston and have an option to buy an additional 750 acres.
Earlier this month, Boeing announced plans to buy three office buildings in North Charleston.
Boeing has a second 787 final assembly line in North Charleston. The original line is in here in Everett. Boeing also has an aft fuselage fabrication facility and a 787 fuselage assembly building at the South Carolina site.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.