Report: Boeing to buy more land in Charleston
ABC News 4 in Charleston reports that the jet maker plans to buy 300 acres near its facility in North Charleston and have an option to buy an additional 750 acres.
Earlier this month, Boeing announced plans to buy three office buildings in North Charleston.
Boeing has a second 787 final assembly line in North Charleston. The original line is in here in Everett. Boeing also has an aft fuselage fabrication facility and a 787 fuselage assembly building at the South Carolina site.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Holiday aerospace networking event Dec. 12 Dec. 3, 2013
- 'Sharp questions' posed at Machinists district meeting Nov. 26, 2013
- The Boeing 777X's burgundy branding Nov. 25, 2013
- Meet our new aerospace writer Nov. 18, 2013
- Boeing 777X program briefing planned Sunday night Nov. 16, 2013
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.