ABC News 4 in Charleston reports that the jet maker plans to buy 300 acres near its facility in North Charleston and have an option to buy an additional 750 acres.
Earlier this month, Boeing announced plans to buy three office buildings in North Charleston.
Boeing has a second 787 final assembly line in North Charleston. The original line is in here in Everett. Boeing also has an aft fuselage fabrication facility and a 787 fuselage assembly building at the South Carolina site.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Watch as Boeing Everett workers assemble a 787-9 Oct. 1
- Boeing says it will make 747 panels, but for whom? Sep. 17
- Boeing plans to increase 767 production Sep. 9
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.