Seahawks waive WR Deon Butler, activate S Winston Guy
Pete Carroll just wrapped up his press conference, and there wasn't a ton of news, though he did say that linebackers Leroy Hill (hamstring) and Malcolm Smith (groin) both came out of the game with injuries, the severity of which are not yet known. If one or both is unable to play this week, that would be problematic for Seattle seeing as they play the same weakside linebacker position. Mike Morgan is the No. 3 option at that spot.
Cornerback Marcus Trufant, who has missed three the past four games with a hamstring injury, is expected to return to practice Wednesday. Carroll said he didn't yet know if Walter Thurmond, who has missed two games with a hamstring injury, will be back this week.
And one last note, Carroll confirmed that none of his players were injured or involved in the shooting that took place in a Bellevue bar early Monday morning. Some Seahawks players indicated on Twitter they were at Munchbar in Bellevue when the shooting occurred, but they were apparently in a separate VIP portion of the bar.
Barring some unexpected news, this blog will go quiet until Wednesday, so happy holidays to all, and thanks as always for reading.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks GM John Schneider addresses Byron Maxwell’s free agency and more on Sports Radio KJR Feb. 11
- Seahawks promote Rocky Seto to assistant head coach Feb. 10
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch's future, Russell Wilson contract Feb. 10
- Seahawks promote Kris Richard to defensive coordinator, add Lofa Tatupu to coaching staff Feb. 9
- Report: Michael Barrow to be named Seahawks' linebackers coach Feb. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.