Seahawks waive WR Deon Butler, activate S Winston Guy
Pete Carroll just wrapped up his press conference, and there wasn't a ton of news, though he did say that linebackers Leroy Hill (hamstring) and Malcolm Smith (groin) both came out of the game with injuries, the severity of which are not yet known. If one or both is unable to play this week, that would be problematic for Seattle seeing as they play the same weakside linebacker position. Mike Morgan is the No. 3 option at that spot.
Cornerback Marcus Trufant, who has missed three the past four games with a hamstring injury, is expected to return to practice Wednesday. Carroll said he didn't yet know if Walter Thurmond, who has missed two games with a hamstring injury, will be back this week.
And one last note, Carroll confirmed that none of his players were injured or involved in the shooting that took place in a Bellevue bar early Monday morning. Some Seahawks players indicated on Twitter they were at Munchbar in Bellevue when the shooting occurred, but they were apparently in a separate VIP portion of the bar.
Barring some unexpected news, this blog will go quiet until Wednesday, so happy holidays to all, and thanks as always for reading.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll on loss of 2015 minicamp days: 'We don't want to be doing things wrong' Aug. 27
- Mariners sign GM Jack Zduriencik to multi-year extension Aug. 26
- Seahawks, Pete Carroll fined for violating offseason no-contact rules Aug. 26
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman on rules: 'We didn't adjust anything' Aug. 26
- Seahawks trim roster to 75 Aug. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.