Steelers' Miller tears multiple ligaments in right knee
Miller, a prime candidate for the Pro Bowl and team MVP, tore anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments on Sunday. He also has a possible tear in his posterior cruciate ligament.
Typical recovery time would extend well into next season's training camp.
Just this past year, Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall, offensive tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton began camp on the physically unable to perform list after sustaining torn ACLs over the first eight days of January.
"I think we need to let the dust settle to know exactly what it is we're dealing with before we start framing his recovery or his rate of recovery," coach Mike Tomlin said of Miller.
- Seahawks have an extra player on offense: Quarterback Russell Wilson 12/25/14
- Bengals' QB Dalton sent home from practice with the flu 12/24/14
- Beckham, 5 other Giants fined $72,400 for actions in Rams' game 12/24/14
- Manning plans to return to Broncos in 2015 for 18th NFL season 12/24/14
- Rain hampering probe of fire at home of Cowboys' McClain 12/24/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.