Steelers' Miller tears multiple ligaments in right knee
Miller, a prime candidate for the Pro Bowl and team MVP, tore anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments on Sunday. He also has a possible tear in his posterior cruciate ligament.
Typical recovery time would extend well into next season's training camp.
Just this past year, Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall, offensive tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton began camp on the physically unable to perform list after sustaining torn ACLs over the first eight days of January.
"I think we need to let the dust settle to know exactly what it is we're dealing with before we start framing his recovery or his rate of recovery," coach Mike Tomlin said of Miller.
- Seahawks' Harvin could be headed to injured reserve 12/25/13
- Seahawks remain atop AP Pro32 rankings 12/24/13
- Cowboys' Romo could be cleared to face Eagles 12/24/13
- Raiders' Pryor apologizes for agent's comments 12/24/13
- Packers hoping to make quick decision on Rodgers 12/24/13
- Cowboys bringing Kitna out of retirement 12/24/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.