Boeing, Aeromexico finalize 787-9 order
Aeromexico first announced its plan to order 787-9s in July when the carrier said it would order up to 90 737 MAX jets as well.
The Dreamliner order is valued at $1.46 billion at list prices and includes rights to four additional 787s.
With this 787 order, Aeromexico has a total of 19 Dreamliner aircraft on order with Boeing. The carrier expects delivery of its first 787 next summer.
"These additional 787s will help Mexico's largest airline expand its international presence with a stellar product for its valued customers," Van Rex Gallard, a sales vice president for Boeing Commercial Airplanes, said in a statement.
Fifty-eight customers have placed orders for more than 800 of Boeing's mostly composite, fuel-efficient 787 aircraft.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing plans to move some 777X engineering to Philadelphia Dec. 9
- Boeing says it will cut 747 production rate in 2015 Dec. 9
- Boeing exec: KC-46 program preparing for first flight Dec. 3
- Boeing lands 10 777 orders Nov. 20
- Boeing’s KC-46 program has little room for more delays, says Air Force general Nov. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.