Police say 55-year-old Donald Blood III of Marlborough, Mass., was ordered to appear in court in Bennington on Jan. 14.
Police say Blood thought he was driving into a parking lot, but actually it was the lawn of the Wilson House, built in 1852 in Dorset, the birthplace of AA co-founder Bill Wilson.
The Wilson House's website describes it as a "place of sanctuary where people can come to give thanks to God for their new lives."
It still hosts several AA meetings each week.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.