The tribe said an electrical malfunction apparently started the fire. Flames were too intense for firefighters to enter the building.
No one was injured.
The tribal chairman, John Sirois, told The Spokesman-Review that the building was a spiritual and cultural center. It also used for meeting and events.
Tribal historians are working to identify items that were lost.
More Northwest Headlines
Stanwood man pleads guilty to stealing from Swinomish tribe 2:13 p.m. GOP lawmakers want Washington to look at Planned Parenthood Poll: Just 30 percent inclined to re-elect Gov. Inslee Death penalty dropped from Carnation killings trial Salvation Army sets up charging ports for Portland homeless Spokane criminal faces 30th felony charge Police: Couple charged in Seattle dog fighting operation Activists rappel off Oregon bridge to stop Shell icebreaker
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.