Here's a look at the nominees:
• Jackson's Sierra Anderson scored 25 points in an overtime win over Eastlake and had 23 in a loss to Skyview.
• Archbishop Murphy's Beth Carlson scored 19 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and had five steals to lead the Wildcats over Roosevelt in the semifinals of the Archbishop Murphy Holiday Tournament. Carlson also had 19 points in a loss to Post Falls in the championship game.
• Glacier Peak's Nicole Fausey scored 17 points in a come-from-behind win over Roosevelt and had nine and 10 points in wins over Franklin and Hazen, respectively, as the Grizzlies went 3-0 at the 2012 Rebel Challenge.
• Snohomish's Callie Harwood scored 22 points in a win over Issaquah as the Panthers finished the Snohomish Holiday Invitational 3-0. Harwood also had 15 and 12 points in wins over Eastlake and Stanwood, respectively.
• Stanwood's Jillian Jacobs had 14 points in a win over Eastlake and had eight in a win over Skyview as the Spartans went 2-1 at the Snohomish Holiday Invitational. She also had 11 points in a loss to Snohomish.
• Lynnwood's Mikayla Pivec averaged nearly 13 points per game as the Royals went 3-0 at the 2012 Rebel Challenge Series. The freshman also had 19 rebounds in a win over Roosvelt.
• Meadowdale's Alyssa Reuble averaged more than 10 points per game to earn Most Valuable Player honors as the Lady Mavs went 3-0 to win the Surf 'N Slam Tournament in San Diego.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.