The fire was reported around 9:30 a.m. Monday in the 3900 block of 147th Avenue NE in Lake Stevens.
Fire crews found heavy, dark smoke billowing from the attached garage and a separate auto shop, officials said.
There was smoke and flames from the roof of the auto shop.
The homeowner was alerted to the fire when the power went out to the house and he went to the garage to investigate, according to a Snohomish County Fire District 8 report.
He got out without injury and called 911.
With assistance from Granite Falls and Getchell fire districts, the fire was quickly brought under control.
The cause of the fire was an electrical appliance in the shop area.
Several vehicles and motorcycles were damaged by fire. Damage to the contents was estimated at $150,000.
More Local News Headlines
Lake Stevens man gets 71 years for 3-city shooting spree 5:19 p.m. Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Man burned in duplex fire caused by candle 5:38 p.m. Part of Bothell-Everett Highway closed while police check out gunshot 5:12 p.m. Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.