The fire was reported around 9:30 a.m. Monday in the 3900 block of 147th Avenue NE in Lake Stevens.
Fire crews found heavy, dark smoke billowing from the attached garage and a separate auto shop, officials said.
There was smoke and flames from the roof of the auto shop.
The homeowner was alerted to the fire when the power went out to the house and he went to the garage to investigate, according to a Snohomish County Fire District 8 report.
He got out without injury and called 911.
With assistance from Granite Falls and Getchell fire districts, the fire was quickly brought under control.
The cause of the fire was an electrical appliance in the shop area.
Several vehicles and motorcycles were damaged by fire. Damage to the contents was estimated at $150,000.
More Local News Headlines
Study says Paine Field should be used for business, not museum Judge says molestation trial of former police sergeant can proceed 3:12 p.m. 2 arrested in fatal shooting of teen near Lynnwood 5:48 p.m. Tamper-proof cigarette bins may cut down on litter in downtown Everett Copper-wire theft knocks out power near Cathcart 6:28 p.m. 'The voice of reason': Mill Creek Police Chief Bob Crannell to retire Camano Island Fire and Rescue seeks volunteers; meeting Oct. 13 Arlington man identified as rider in fatal motorcycle crash
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.